Assessing occupational competencies
This informative and interactive course is designed to give those who assess occupational competency the knowledge and skills required to plan assessments, carry out observations, record competencies and provide feedback to staff. This course is beneficial for ensuring competency in line with the care certificate standards.
- Understand the care certificate framework and the background of the care standards.
- Understand the assessment needs of the units within the care certificate
- Understand your role as the workplace competency assessor
- Understand different assessment methods
- Know how to plan assessments and involving others in the assessment process
- Know how to carry out assessments and make assessment decisions
- Know how to record assessment decisions and how to help those completing the care certificate to build their portfolio
36 hours/ 6 days
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. learners will be expected to participate in class activities, group discussions, question and answers session and carry out assessments.
All delegates will receive a certificate of completion.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.