CPR and AED Training Level 2
This informative and interactive course provides delegates with the essential knowledge and skills to provide CPR and use an AED. Following Resuscitation Council current guidelines for CPR, participants will confident in dealing with first aid emergencies requiring CPR and AED. This course covers CPR for infants, children and adults.
This course is valid for 1 year.
CPD Credits: 3
- Be aware of the importance of automated external defibrillation (AED)
- Be familiar with the chain of survival
- Understand how the heart and its electrical system works
- Have an awareness of the main heart rhythms
- Know how to complete the primary survey
- Know how to deal with an unconscious victim
- Know how to administer CPR, including hands only CPR
- Be familiar with the functions of an AED
- Understand the safety features of the AED
- Know the differences between adult and paediatric CPR algorithms
- Understand the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder
- Be able to support a choking victim (adult and paediatric)
- Be familiar with the symptoms of angina and heart attack
- Know what to do when you suspect angina or heart attack
3 hours/ half a day
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. Learners will be expected to participate in class activities, group discussions and question and answers session.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.