This course is an essential tool for anyone who supports an individual with disabilities. It will provide delegates with an understanding of individuals rights, difficulties and person-centred care and help them develop a toolbox for working. Disability Awareness means educating people regarding disabilities and giving people the knowledge required to carry out a job or task thus separating good practice from poor. It is no longer enough just to know that disability discrimination is unlawful.
• Barrier removal
• The definition of disability
• The models of disability
• The law and the obligations on your business
• Applying the law – reasonable adjustments
• Disability myths and misconceptions
• Changes in communication style and behaviour
• The importance of language and avoiding assumptions
CPD Credits: 3
3 hours/ half a day
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. Learners will be expected to participate in class activities, group discussions and question and answers session.
All delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.