End of Life Care
This course is an essential tool for anyone supporting palliative and end of life care. Learners will leave with the knowledge and understanding of core values and principles of end of life care feeling confident in providing compassionate care that meets the needs, wishes and choices of individuals and their families.
- Understand the importance of working in a person-centred way in end of life care
- The importance of effective communication, taking into account spiritual and cultural needs and pain management
- Working in partnership with others to ensure effective end of life care
- Understand advance care planning
- Understand the information and support needs of others
3 hours/ half a day
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. learners will be expected to participate in class activities, group discussions and question and answers session.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.