Equality and diversity
This course provides learners with an understanding of equality and diversity. Implementing the principles of equality and anti-discriminatory practices not only ensures that people are treated as equals, it also reduces the likelihood of discrimination occurring; resulting in happier staff and clients.
- Understand the terms associated with equality and diversity.
- Recognise types of discrimination
- Provide an overview of the Equality Act 2010 and the protected characteristics
- Understand the responsibilities of employers and employees in preventing discrimination, stereotyping or prejudice.
- Understand the importance of recognising, embracing and celebrating differences and this can be done within health and social care settings.
3 hours/ half a day
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. Leaners will be expected to participate in class discussions, group activities and questions and answers session.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.