Infection Prevention and Control
This course aims to introduce learners to the topic of infection prevention and control. It begins by introducing the causes of infection. It will explore the chain of infection and how to prevent and control infection by breaking links in the chain. Delegates will learn about the systems and procedures that support the prevention and control of infection. The course concludes with an outline of legislations and regulations including risk assessment and your role and responsibilities for infection control.
- Understand legal requirements of infection prevention and control
- The impact of infection on the individual and others.
- Know how infections may spread and common micro-organisms that cause illness
- Breaking the chain of infection and reducing risks
- Safe working practices
- Good hand hygiene
- Personal hygiene and cleanliness
3 hours/ Half a day
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. Learners will be expected to participate in class activities, group discussions and question and answers session.
All delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.