Level 1 Food Safety and Hygiene
This Food Safety course has been designed to educate those who don’t work directly with preparing or handling food but work in an environment where food is handled elsewhere or who only work with low-risk foods. The course familiarises the learner with basic food hygiene practices, so they are able to work safely near food. This also includes those who work with wrapped or pre-packaged foods. For example:
- Front of house employees.
- Checkout staff.
- Bar workers.
- Food delivery drivers (suppliers, takeaway, etc.).
- Kitchen porters.
- Warehouse staff.
For those whose role involves directly handling or preparing food, then you need to take Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety in order to comply with food handlers’ legal obligations.
For managers or supervisors in a food business, you will require Level 3 Food Hygiene and Safety.
CPD Credits: 3
- Understand the importance of food hygiene and recognise the types of health issues poor food hygiene may cause.
- Understand what the law says about food hygiene and how businesses can comply.
- Be able to identify the various types of food safety hazards and know what to do to prevent them from putting food at risk.
- Be able to maintain good standards of personal hygiene and prevent food from being contaminated.
- Understand the importance of thorough cleaning and proper waste management.
- Understand how to carry out effective cleaning activities.
3 hours/ half a day
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. Learners will be expected to participate in class activities, group discussions and question and answers session.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.