Level 2 Award in principles of Manual Handling
This course is essential for anyone involved in any manual handling activities at work. It provides learners with invaluable knowledge and understanding of the importance of safe manual handling, risk assessments for manual handling and guidance on appropriate control measures. It includes the duties of employers and employees in relation to manual handling plus the consequences for non-compliance with requirements.
The programme focuses on the term’s ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of manual handling plus the process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment. Also covered are the safe movement principles and equipment designed to assist manual handling.
- How manual handling can cause harm
- Duties of employers and employees in relation to manual handling
- The consequences for non-compliance with requirements
- The terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of manual handling
- The process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment
- The principle of the risk control hierarchy in relation to manual handling
- Safe movement principles associated with manual handling
- Equipment designed to be used for manual handling
- Requirements for testing, servicing and examination of equipment.
CPD Credits: 3
3 hours/ half a day
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. Learners will be expected to participate in class activities, group discussions and question and answers session.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.