This course is essential for staff working in a role where difficult situations may arise. The course looks at the legalities involved in conflict management, importance of following workplace procedures and risk assessments. The course raises participants’ understanding of the background to conflict and the contribution they can make to either calming or escalating a confrontation. During the training day participants learn and practise key skills to build their confidence and to maintain composure whilst de-escalating customer conflict.
• Understand the legalities relating to conflict management
• Recognise stages of conflicts and aggression
• Maintain composure when dealing with conflicts
• Understand communication and its effects in conflicting situations
• Know how to deal with difficult situations, resolve conflicts and seek support
6 hours/ half a day
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. learners will be expected to participate in class activities, group discussions and question and answers.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.