Moving handling Practical
This Practical provides participants with an overview of the legislation and safe practice principles. Learners will be given an explanation, step by step instructions and demonstrations of moving and handling tasks. Learners will have the opportunity to practically carry out tasks under trainer guidance and develop their skills to build their confidence in their own ability to carry out moving and handling tasks safely; implementing safe practice principles, whilst promoting dignity and respect; inline with organisational policies and procedures.
- Understand legislation applicable and legal requirements in relation to manual handling
- Demonstrate ELITE Risk assessment
- Demonstrate safety checks
- Demonstrate good communication
- Demonstrate safe working practices; supported walking, using walking aids, wheel chair, hoisting and slings, slide sheets and safe profiling of a bed
3 hours/ half a day
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. learners will be expected to participate in class activities, group discussions and question and answers session. All participants are required to complete a practical assessment to a satisfactory level.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.