Moving handling Theory
This theory-based course provides delegates with the essential information and knowledge needed to ensure staff have the required understanding of the processes involved in moving and handing and good practice principles. The course looks at the legislation and the autonomy of the back, giving participants an understanding the importance of safe practices.
- Understand legislation applicable and legal requirements in relation to manual handling
- Understand employer and employee responsibilities
- Identify common hazards and know how to reduce risks
- Understand ELITE Risk assessments
- Understand the autonomy of the back and the impact of poor manual handling
- Identify safe working practices
3 hours/ half a day
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. learners will be expected to participate in class activities, group discussions and question and answers session.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.