Paediatric First Aid Level 3
This informative and interactive course provides delegates with the essential knowledge and skills for dealing with common, but life-threatening conditions. Following Resuscitation Council current guidelines for CPR, participants will confident in dealing with paediatric first aid situations.
Delivered in a classroom setting, this course offers a practical, hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real-life situation. For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations, question and answer sessions, quizzes and engaging activities designed to coach and support them.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to participate, and we limit group size to 12 people.
This course covers how to help a baby or child who:
• Is unresponsive and breathing
• Is unresponsive and not breathing, including the use of an automated external defibrillator (aed)
• Is choking
• Is bleeding
• Is burnt or has a scald
• Has an object in their eye, ear or nose
• Has hypothermia or heat exhaustion
• Has sickness or a fever
This course also covers what to do if someone is having a medical emergency, including:
• Diabetic emergency
• Asthma attack
• Severe allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock)
• Has an injury to a bone muscle or joint (including spinal injuries)
• Has a head injury
• Has swallowed something harmful.
6 hours/ 1 day
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. Learners will be required to complete assessment papers and practical assessment.
All delegates will receive a certificate on completion.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.