Promoting Nutrition and Hydration
This course is essential for anyone working with individuals with care and support needs, particularly clients who may be at risk of malnutrition and/or dehydration. The course looks at what the body needs in terms of nutrition and hydration. Participants will leave feeling confident in supporting individuals and promoting good nutrition and hydration for clients.
- Define the terms associated with nutrition and hydration
- Understand what a balanced diet is and how needs may change
- Identify why older and individuals with care and support needs may be at a higher risk of malnutrition and dehydration
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of malnutrition and dehydration
- Know how to promote and encourage good nutrition and hydration
3 hours/ half a day
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. learners will be expected to participate in class activities, group discussions and question and answers.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.