This informative and interactive course is recommended for those who may come across children in the course of their work. It is aimed at staff caring for adults who may have children of their own or interact with children of others. Participants will leave feeling confident in their knowledge and understanding of safeguarding children, the legal framework and actions to take should they witness or suspect child abuse.
- Understand the legal requirement for safeguarding children
- Identify the types of abuse
- Recognise the signs and symptoms for each type of abuse
- Understand your role in relation to safeguarding children
- Understand the role of others and the process for safeguarding children
- Understand the importance of information sharing and working together as a team to safeguard
3 hours/ half a day
The trainer will carry out ongoing assessment. Learners will be expected to participate in class activities, group discussions and question and answers session.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Training can be delivered at locations to suit customers or at one of our training venues.